Not necessarily bugs but things I tried that don't work #44

Not necessarily bugs but things I tried that don't work #44

Beitragvon mor2000 » 07.03.2015, 12:20

dajnet commented on 30 Jan
#1 Example, I have a water pump to pump unfiltered water from the lake using a processor in an activator trigger. User presses r and unfiltered water fills. Unfiltered water then is converted to water by using a second processor. Water can then be filled using a fill trigger. I have tried to add disableChildrenIfProcessing and enableChildrenIfNotProcessing to the first processor with the filltrigger as a child so that people can't fill water unless the pump is turned off. It will disable the filltrigger but it doesn't turn back on when processor is stopped.

#2 I have an elaborate factory building process that uses several nested switchers and filltriggers to build a factory. when Project is complete, the switcher turns off the building process and turns on the factory. triggers used in the building process are no longer needed. When the building process is completed, display trigger information is still shown after the trigger is moved by the switcher. An option to disable trigger when capacity of Project is full would solve this issue. Videos of the process can be found here Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd7Kina06og
Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVc0KwebxLw

#3 a filltrigger that allows people to add money to purchase an object. This would be great on servers for buying objects. When money total is reached, object is purchased. Would have to take from ownMoney rather than sharedMoney so not everyones account gets deduction.

#4 an option to make show/hide children in processor so when object is complete, visibility is turned on. If object is sold visibility is turned off

You are making it possible for me to do things I previously only dreamed of! Thanks for the great work!
mor2000
Owner
mor2000 commented on 31 Jan
These are really awesome projects you're doing and I was blown away by your videos! I heard from other persons too that the enable/disable-UserAttributes doesnt work quite reliable so this will be #1 on my list. dont know why the physics engine doesnt tell that you're not in the displaytrigger anymore when its moved, but I guess there will be a solution too.
I added some addIf- and removeIf-UserAttributes so maybe you can set up a hidden counter which prevents tipping too much materials. And/or align the visibility of construction sites to this counter.
Keep up the great work!
dajnet

dajnet commented 17 days ago
here is a link to the video trailer for the map I am releasing this weekend. I gave you the top line in the credits for your hard work and significant contribution in making this map possible. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKr0ciFQV14
dajnet

dajnet commented 9 days ago
just thought I would add to my wish list :) A log trigger so we can convert trees directly into other products rather than needing wood chips.

An egg trigger so eggs could be added into recipies
mor2000
Owner
mor2000 commented 9 days ago
A "woodtrigger" is on its way (suggestions are welcome if this sounds stupid). Eggs will be added too so you can build a full blown chicken and egg farm.

dajnet

dajnet commented 8 days ago
woodtrigger sounds great!
dajnet

dajnet commented 8 days ago
Is there a way to do a map buyable object using the upk?
mor2000
Owner
mor2000 commented 8 days ago
There will be an use-only-once option for the activator. so it can be activated, but not deactivated. and options like "costOnActivate", "addOnActivate" (add 1 to filltype "bought", mover reacts to that) etc. the displaytrigger will get an option to show a fixed text. also useful to buy animals in a upk-stable.
I'll try to do this asap, doesnt sound too hard

mor2000
Owner
mor2000 commented 7 days ago
the enhanced activatortrigger is in V0.9.9. Let me know if thats what you needed and if it works for you.
dajnet

dajnet commented 4 days ago
I can't seem to get the activator trigger to work with the new functions when I install it in my map but works fine as a placeable. I changed the modname to my map name but it throws the following error

Error: Running LUA method 'mouseEvent'.
C:\Users\Dave\Desktop\wip2//AAA_UniversalProcessKit/OnCreateUPK.lua:44: attempt to index field 'base' (a boolean value)
mor2000
Owner
mor2000 commented 4 days ago
seems like your base cannot be created. did you used the example to test
it? otherwise you can post your shapes- and userattributes-section here.
just with the base and the activatortrigger should be good enough.

2015-03-03 7:36 GMT+01:00 dajnet <notifications@github.com>:

dajnet

I have 2 examples in the map. One using the trigger you created and one of my own. Here is the code for both of them.

<TransformGroup name="UPKTest" translation="-36.2882 125 40.2599" nodeId="586456">
<Shape shapeId="1" name="activatortrigger" static="true" trigger="true" collisionMask="0" nodeId="586457" materialIds="536" nonRenderable="true"/>
<Shape shapeId="1" name="displaytrigger" static="true" trigger="true" collisionMask="0" nodeId="586458" materialIds="536" nonRenderable="true"/>
</TransformGroup>
<TransformGroup name="transform" nodeId="586453">
<Shape shapeId="2" name="activateTrigger" translation="-15.2093 125.908 45.5304" rotation="-90 0 0" static="true" trigger="true" collisionMask="15736832" nodeId="586454" materialIds="434" nonRenderable="true">
<Shape shapeId="3" name="reclame" translation="0.595036 -5.22568 -1.24599" rotation="90 6.10666e-013 90" static="true" clipDistance="500" nodeId="586455" materialIds="758" castsShadows="true" receiveShadows="true"/>
</Shape>
</TransformGroup>

<UserAttribute nodeId="586456">
<Attribute name="UPKversion" type="string" value="0.9.9"/>
<Attribute name="capacities" type="string" value="15 pig"/>
<Attribute name="modname" type="string" value="PV15"/>
<Attribute name="onCreate" type="scriptCallback" value="UniversalProcessKit.onCreate"/>
<Attribute name="store" type="string" value="pig"/>
</UserAttribute>
<UserAttribute nodeId="586457">
<Attribute name="activateText" type="string" value="activateTriggerText1"/>
<Attribute name="addOnActivate" type="string" value="1 pig"/>
<Attribute name="enableChildrenOnActivate" type="boolean" value="false"/>
<Attribute name="mode" type="string" value="button"/>
<Attribute name="removeOnActivate" type="string" value="250 newAnimalsCost"/>
<Attribute name="type" type="string" value="activatortrigger"/>
</UserAttribute>
<UserAttribute nodeId="586458">
<Attribute name="displayFillTypes" type="string" value="pig"/>
<Attribute name="heading" type="string" value="headingline1 headingline2"/>
<Attribute name="onlyFilled" type="boolean" value="false"/>
<Attribute name="showCapacity" type="boolean" value="true"/>
<Attribute name="showPercentage" type="boolean" value="false"/>
<Attribute name="type" type="string" value="displaytrigger"/>
</UserAttribute>
<UserAttribute nodeId="586453">
<Attribute name="UPKversion" type="string" value="0.9.9"/>
<Attribute name="modname" type="string" value="PV15"/>
<Attribute name="onCreate" type="scriptCallback" value="UniversalProcessKit.onCreate"/>
</UserAttribute>
<UserAttribute nodeId="586454">
<Attribute name="activateText" type="string" value="prodactivate"/>
<Attribute name="allowWalker" type="boolean" value="true"/>
<Attribute name="deactivateText" type="string" value="proddeactivate"/>
<Attribute name="enableChildrenOnActivate" type="boolean" value="true"/>
<Attribute name="isActive" type="boolean" value="false"/>
<Attribute name="mode" type="string" value="one-time"/>
<Attribute name="removeOnActivate" type="string" value="25000 constructionCost"/>
<Attribute name="type" type="string" value="activatortrigger"/>
</UserAttribute>
mor2000
Owner
mor2000 commented 4 days ago
looks ok. did you tried it with a new savegame? additional onCreate-objects mess with the order in the save file. or you might add it at the very end in your map.
dajnet

I tried with a clean save game and both triggers were at the end of the map so still not sure what is causing it. I will try to remove some mods and see if there is a conflict with any of them
mor2000
Owner
mor2000 commented 3 days ago
I would like to find out the problem but without GE I have a hard time to install mods into a map and test them myself.
dajnet

dajnet commented 3 days ago
I figured out what is wrong by starting with a clean folder and just a new version download of the upk and the activatortrigger test 2. It seems as the upk version that says 0.9.9 is coded as 0.9.8. once I change the test to 0.9.8 it worked
dajnet

dajnet commented 3 days ago
Well it still doesn't function correctly but it shows up that I can hit r to buy a pig but nothing happens other than the display changing to deactivate text. I will wait to see if it is the version problem, maybe something isn't up to date. It doesn't actually buy the pigs but it switches. This is with a clean folder with just the latest upk version and your activator test 2
mor2000
Site Admin

Zurück zu Diskussion/ Sonstiges